Every man brings a completely unique set of personality to the table and it is difficult to come up with one single fragrance which can cater to such versatility. While some exude a lightweight and summery feel, other tag along an aura of sensuality with spicy cinnamon and leathery accords. Today we have collated a list of five best everyday cologne for men which can make the selection process easier for you.
Best Cologne For Black Men
PacoRabanne 1 Million has rightly earned its place as the best everyday cologne for menin the 21st century with its versatile wearability. It was developed in 2008 under the joint collaboration of eminent perfumers Olivier Pescheux, Christophe Raynaud and Michel Girard for driving ladies mad with desire. The 1 Million perfume tends to toggle between woodsy and oriental family with its complex bouquet of spicy and amber notes. It opens with bittersweet top notes of blood orange, grapefruit and sharp peppermint which is closely followed by the heart notes of cinnamon, neroli, nutmeg and rose. The sugary citrus note of neroli serves as the bridge between its heart and head notes while the floral rose notes stand out in contrast to vivid nutmeg and warm cardamom. Its seductive base comprises a symphonic blend of labdanum, agarwood and patchouli which paves the path for an intoxicating finish. The packaging of the 1 Million fragrance resembles a solid gold bar which exudes an assertive yet refined aroma from the very first whiff.
• The perfume bottle evokes a feel of luxury, wealth and power all of which characterise modern day men.
• Can last pretty long on both bare skin as well as clothes.
• Offers a brilliant blend of youthful sweet bubble-gum aroma along with a hint of wood and spice.
• Conveys the flirty happy side of young adults with its playful and almost juvenile tone.
• Ideal for being worn to clubs and similar fun and laidback scenarios.
• The sillage can be detected from miles away.
• Has decent longevity.
• Bitter resinous notes can get a bit overpowering on being excessively concentrated.
This modern-day masterpiece from the house of Dior can fill in your senses with the mesmerizing top notes of vetiver and cedar. This slowly blends with amber heart notes for creating a warm feeling which ultimately radiates the powdery floral aroma of iris after sometime. You are bound to feel bewitched with the delightful cacao note which can be smelled after the Dior Homme Intense perfume settles down. Sheer nostalgia of the original Dior Homme fragrance can be seen lurking somewhere deep within this intoxicating aroma. However, the fact that the Homme Intense dries down to a rich chocolate gourmand, sets it apart from its predecessor. The warm texture of this fragrance beautifully blends in with the chilly winter months and radiates an aura of sophistication from the very first spray. Francois Demachy is the nose behind this best everyday cologne which was released back in 2011 and has been hogging the limelight since then.
• Sexy fragrance which can brighten up your mood and boost up your confidence.
• Perfectly balanced creamy rich iris with subtle traces of starchy fruit and lavender leading to a rich base of vetiver and birch.
• Sensuous aroma which shouldn’t be wasted by wearing on casual daytime occasions.
• Bottle carries a retro look and feel.
• The aroma of iris stands out as the most striking note.
• Excellent longevity.
• Very good projection.
• Might come off as a bit feminine.
With a structure of contrasting forces, the YSL La Nuit paints a story of intensity, seduction and bold sensuality. This versatile scent can serve men of all age groups whether you are taking your beloved wife out on a date or simply hitting the local pub to catch up with the hottest girls in town. Although this YSL offering doesn’t come off as annoying sweet, it is enough to lure in the fairer sex towards you. This fragrance starts with top notes of cardamom which is followed closely by middle notes of lavender and bergamot. Vetiver and cumin notes at its base guarantee an elegant closure. The La Nuit de L’Homme fragrance was created especially for the confident and handsome man of modern times who is confident about attaining their goals with their raw charm and intoxicating seduction. Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo are the noses behind this alluring everyday cologne which comes beautifully packed in a dark hued vial.
• Comes packed in a tempting and mysterious glass falcon.
• Opening notes can remind you of gummy bears which served as most of our childhood favorite.
• Ranks pretty high in the department of projection.
• Top notes are adequately sharp without being too harsh.
• Slightly warm fragrance which tags along a cooling effect on the nose.
• Can last for about 8 hours.
• Has moderate sillage.
• Has a pretty common aroma.
The Nautica Voyage is ideal for a man who is embarking on a heroic journey to accomplish new milestones for others to follow in days to come. This fragrance tries to capture the adventurous spirit of such a man as he navigates between the meandering lanes of passion and precision. The relaxing aura of this aquatic fragrance takes us on a whirlwind journey with top notes of leaf and crisp green apple which slowly paves the path for mimosa blended with linen and gentle lotus. You are bound to be taken back to the sheer nostalgia of those sailing trips undertaken in the salty summer sea. A woody mixture of musk, cedar, amber and moss lies at the base note of the Nautica Voyage for imparting a masculine touch to the same. This fragrance was developed by Maurice Roucel and launched back in 2006. TV host Caster Oosterhouse, an acclaimed nautician and profound romantic is the face of this fragrance which is perfect for the man who likes living life on his own terms.
• Has a crisp and aquatic profile along with woody undertones.
• Does not smell synthetic or cause headaches.
• Does not have much depth as it comes off as a simple floral, amber and fruity mix.
• Ideal for being worn during warm months and for outdoor activities.
• Has pretty good longevity to buffer you from the requirement of frequent application.
• Fresh everyday cologne which doesn’t smell synthetic.
• Comes bottled up in a premium case.
• Affordable cologne having decent longevity.
• Cannot serve as a standout perfume.
The Legend line-up from the house of Mont Blanc can express clarity and mystery as well as strength and softness at the same time. This iconic and masculine fragrances is ideal for the authentic, courageous and passionate man of modern days who never falters before taking on brand new challenges. Olivier Pescheux is the nose behind the Legend EDT. He tried to fill it in with delightful contrasts of modernity and tradition along with tenderness and strength simultaneously. The perfume opens with fresh aromatic top notes of lavender, bergamot, exotic verbena and pineapple leaf. Oakmoss note blended with coumarin, geranium, Pomarosa molecule, rose and apple emphasizes its heart before settling into the rich aroma of tonka, sandalwood and evernyl at the base.
• Minimalistic yet luxurious bottle design with the alluring blend of black and metallic hues.
• Both sillage and longevity is average.
• Lavender and pineapple conjures the right edge for pushing away the perfume’s inherent softness.
• Doesn’t come off as too over-powering which is actually advantageous in office setups.
• Polite fragrance which renders a soothing touch of freshness to your skin.
• Comes packed in a premium looking bottle.
• Perfectly masculine perfume which can be worn daily to work.
• Longevity and projection is not up to the mark.
Le Male was the foremost offering in the field of colognes by Jean Paul Gaultierwhich can help men create a signature aroma which is impossible to forget. Its top notes comprise of mint, cardamom, Artemisia and bergamot which is closely followed by the middle notes of orange blossom, lavender, cumin and cinnamon. It all dries down to the warm aroma of vanilla, sandalwood, amber and Tonka bean which can add up to your charisma instantaneously. The traditional aroma of Le Male is both masculine and gentle at the same time thus pointing out that nothing in this world can be branded either as completely white or black. As a matter of fact, it is all a carefully concocted blend. The fruity notes of this fragrance are bound to come off as gratifying to younger men while their opposite sex finds its completely impossible to resist.
Conclusion : Best Cologne for Black Men
Some of the colognes listed out above can drive your partner crazy with desire while others might serve as the ideal option during a boardroom conference. At the end of the day your choice of everyday perfume boils down to the environment and your particular strengths.